At Caloundra State School we pride ourselves on ‘Delivering Educational Excellence’. It is our priority to develop, maintain and effectively implement high quality curriculum programs for all students. We are committed to developing teacher practices through professional development, focusing on all aspects of curriculum implementation, pedagogy and assessment. In alignment with the Australian Curriculum, we teach and assess the following eight learning areas:
- HASS (Humanities and Social Sciences)
- The Arts: Music, Dance, Drama (all taught by specialist teacher), Visual Arts and Media Arts.
- Technologies: Digital Technologies and Design and Technologies
- HPE: Physical Activity (taught by specialist teacher) and Health
- French (Years 4-6: LOTE specialist teacher)
We provide extensive academic support and extension programs across all year levels in English and Mathematics. Students are identified and invited to be part of the programs through data collection, teacher, parent and specialist feedback. Qualified teachers deliver programs before and during regular school hours.
Our MySchool profile, which provides data on our school community, including NAPLAN results, can be accessed here